Will Australia’s climate targets have integrity? Are we set for a green investment boom or greenwash?
The Australia Institute’s Climate Integrity Summit 2023 will feature leading experts in economics, ecology, policy and governance, along with key parliamentarians and journalists to discuss the ethics, economics and risks of fraudulent net-zero claims, overreliance on carbon offsets and policy that serves the fossil fuel industry rather than the climate.
It is time to bring the key themes of the 2022 federal election—climate and integrity—together to ensure the Australia’s emissions reduction policies can and do legitimately reduce emissions.
- Dr Bill Hare, CEO of Climate Analytics and member of UN High-Level Expert Group on the Net-Zero Emissions Commitments of Non-State Entities
- Professor Andrew Macintosh, environmental law and policy expert at ANU College of Law
- Senator Sarah Hanson-Young, Australian Greens Spokesperson for the Environment & Biodiversity
- Senator David Pocock, independent Senator for the ACT
- Dr Sophie Scamps MP, independent Member for Mackellar
- Kieran Pender, Senior Lawyer, Human Rights Law Centre
With more to be announced soon…
We must have zero tolerance for net-zero greenwashing…Government or private sector commitments to net-zero cannot be a mere public relations exercise
(ends on )
Canberra, ACT 2600