Polling shows the majority voters across the political spectrum support a federal ICAC.
Results of poll of 1,420 Australian residents:
- 80% of people support establishing a federal ICAC
- Support is highest among Coalition voters (84%)
- 63% of people have a low level of trust in federal parliament, only 10% have a high level of trust
- Trust lowest among non-major party voters (PHON 83%, Greens 73%, Other 67%, Undecided 59%)
- 58% of people do not think current arrangements to investigate and expose misconduct and corruption in federal politics are effective
- 78% of people support having a federal ICAC with public hearings